Are you struggling to achieve your goals? Do you sometimes feel it’s too big for you? Or that you’re not aiming high enough?
“Your happiness is up to you, regardless of your circumstances.”
– Charlie Engle
In this episode of Extraordinary Focus, I’m excited to introduce you to Charlie Engle. Charlie is an incredible person who has achieved more than most of us ever will. More importantly, he is an expert when it comes to achieving any goal that you set your mind to. In this video, he is going to share with you his secrets on how to achieve anything that you want in life. Buckle up because this is one video you don’t want to miss!
We covered a lot of ground, including:
- How Charlie ran two marathons every day for 111 consecutive days in the Sahara Desert.
- Getting FIXATED on what you want.
- Beware of hyper-focusing on the outcome.
- The scoop on meeting Matt Damon.
- How to change your relationship to pain.
- Being scattered vs FOCUS.
- The gift of being singularly focused.
- What ARE you addicted to? What’s it costing you and what’s possible?
- David’s own relationship to crutches and addiction.
- Is being high functioning a smoke screen?
- Going from prison to speaking at NATO.
- Lessons from prison: what other people think of you isn’t your business.
- How was life different before being sober?
- Why your happiness is up to you (regardless of your circumstances).
- What it takes, internally, to become sober.
- The power of community, and what happens if you don’t have it.
- How to release the burden of your secrets.
- Charlie’s upcoming 30 hour run to celebrate 30 years clean and sober! See www.thepenguinevents.com
“You just need to change your relationship to pain.”
– Charlie Engle
Charlie Engle is one of the premier adventure athletes in the world today. He’s run across more than 40 countries but by far his most important accomplishment is his 29 years of clean and sober living. He is the best selling author of Running Man. Charlie’s record setting run across the Sahara Desert led to the creation of H2O Africa, which is known today as Water.org, cofounded by Matt Damon.
Charlie has been a featured speaker at the United Nations, at NATO Headquarters in Belgium and on board the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier. He regularly trains Fortune 500 companies in strategies for resilience and addressing mental health issues.
To learn more about Charlie visit here.
Liked this episode? Comment below.